Feb 23, 2011

Project 4: Jewelry

This was our fourth creative endeavor that I forgot to post earlier.  Jewelry making was one of my most enjoyable classes.  Jewelry making was a lot of fun from sorting the beads to playing with them, and making necklaces and bracelets,  it was thoroughly enjoyed. We had a chance to create a few pieces of jewelry that was a style of our own.  I had a few animal beads that went fast.  The transparent  beads were also popular.




Some of my younger students got creative and  used chenille sticks, also known as pipe cleaners to string there beads as pictured as the bracelet that is on the far upper right portion of the picture.


I found that using  elastic string over the plastic string for beading works best.  I also used a dab of glue from the glue gun to seal the knots we made with the plastic string so it would not unravel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awesome!