Feb 21, 2011

Welcome to our studio!

I am so excited to showcase this blog featuring the projects of my students who attend my arts & and crafts class. This year, I opened my home to an awesome group of home schooled artists to explore their creative side through arts and craft projects and friendship building activities. This has been a dream of mine for quite sometime and it affords me the opportunity to share my talents and also to have fun at the same time. I truly believe everyone has a an element of creativity just waiting to be discovered.

My hope has been to provide a venue where children could create "functional art". Functional art, is a term I coined myself which means "art that is useful without creating clutter". So far we have had projects such as covered journals, jewelry making, and a host of others. I look forward to sharing our up coming works.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!You sound like a talented lady!

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your arts & crafts class
and I 'm glad you have this blog!

Anonymous said...

:] :] :) :j :